Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

I have a confession to make.

This weekend, I ate lots of cheese. And it was delicious.

To be fair, I haven't told myself that I can't ever have cheese. But I am learning how addictive I find it to be. Once I start eating it, I really want to eat it. ALL THE CHEESE!!! I can go without bread and I'm fine. No refined or processed sugar? No big deal. But take away cheese and I am ready to cut a bitch throw down.

And that, my friends, is cause for concern. In my heart of hearts, I really want to clean up my eating. I personally believe that eating dairy isn't doing me any favors, around my midsection or in my arteries and veins. No good can come of this. I don't mean to sound alarmist, but I believe that not kicking my addiction to cheese will be very detrimental to my long term goals and my overall health and wellness. I also believe I have some underlying emotional attachment to cheese. I think if you showed me pictures of cheese while you had my brain attached to some electrodes and were monitoring it, you'd see the same section light up as a drug addict to her drug of choice. I don't want to feel controlled by a desire for unhealthy foods anymore.

It's important information for me to have so I can figure out how to fight back against my learned response to it.

This weekend, I also learned that despite my set backs, I am really proud of myself. I have accomplished some great goals so far, and sometimes I downplay my own progress. I'm not sure if it's the perfectionist in me or what, but that's kinda why I started this blog in the first place.

I need to be reminded that every little victory, no matter how small is worth celebrating.

Just look at this blog-I started off today's entry confessing my food 'sin'. And that kind of attitude will slow my progress.

So I'll end tonight's post with this small joy: I can do 50 sit ups. I do them almost every day. Sometimes I can push myself to do as many as 75 before I just have to give up. And I voluntarily worked out on Saturday since I missed my time on Friday. THAT is nothing short of a miracle.

Oh, and my food processor is back in business. I'm going to make all sorts of delicious foods this week! I might even get around to posting pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment