Friday, March 23, 2012

A fabulous Friday

I had today off work, which was such a blessing in so many ways. This morning I made yet another delicious smoothie (spinach, banana, raspberries, and carrot!) and cleaned up in the kitchen.

I was sorting through the fridge, trying to figure out what else I needed to use up or toss. It just so happened I had 2 cups of cooked black beans and some diced green peppers that needed used, so I cut this recipe for black bean burgers in half and made 5 fantastic (but vegetarian, not vegan, since I used and egg) burgers.

They were so amazing that I ate one for lunch and had to force myself to put the other 4 away in the freezer for future lunches. Yum!!

Dinner tonight was leftovers from yesterday's recipe: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/quinoa-mushrooms-kale-sweet-potatoes-recipe-00000000019649/index.html

Which was followed by dessert!
http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/meal-ideas/quick-and-easy-chia-seed-recipes?page=4

Chia seeds. I never thought I'd enjoy them, but I've come to believe that if you put enough chocolate powder in recipes, anything can be delicious! The consistency is somewhat of an adjustment for me, but if that's a way I can have a vegan dessert, I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment