Monday, March 19, 2012

On being militantly lazy

I read a lot of blogs in my free time. I am constantly trolling the internet for delicious and simple vegan recipes. What better way to track my successes than to start yet another blog?!

I cannot be bothered with veganism being complicated. Or any food being complicated. Working my way out of the Standard American Diet is tough. I'm not officially a practicing vegan yet, since I am working on cutting dairy out, and that is going to be nothing short of miraculous.

Going vegan is something I am doing for my own health, physically and emotionally. Like many people, I've had a really unhealthy relationship with food in the past. It has done damage to me physically and emotionally. Enough is enough!

Since January, I've been working to change my relationship with food. I have a goal of losing 32 lbs. by my 32nd birthday at the end of May. However, if I can make it to the weight listed on my driver's license, I'll consider that a major victory!

But along the way, every milestone is worth celebrating.

Tonight's victory: raw 'cream' of asparagus soup. In a blender. With things that I had on hand because I'd read the recipe 8 times and in all of last week's shopping trips without lists, remembered almost everything!

I could eat this soup for the rest of the week. In fact it made enough that I can likely take it to work at least twice. That is, if I don't go back to the kitchen and get the rest of it out of the fridge!

I found the recipe here: http://www.bostonfoodandwhine.com/2009/07/16/raw-cream-of-asparagus-soup/

2 comments:

  1. It IS delicious. Just keep in mind that the dill is very strong, so you may need to cut down on the amount in the recipe if you aren't a fan of it.

    ReplyDelete